|Aperture Science Enrichment Center|
|Name||Aperture Science Enrichment Center|
|Renovations||Repair the Science Project Stands|
Repair the Choir Center
Repair the Relaxation Room
Repair the Portrait Room
Repair the Turret Production Room
|Quests||Spray and Pray|
You Had One Job!
Frankenturrets go to Aperture
The Cake is a Lie
The Aperture Science Enrichment Center is a scientific research company founded by Cave Johnson. The Portal games, created by Valve, take place in Aperture Science's Enrichment Center, which is dedicated to endlessly testing the Aperture Science products and the humans that use them.
Quests and Renovations
- Spray and Pray (given by Cave Johnson)
- You Had One Job! (given by Wheatley)
- Frankenturrets go to Aperture (given by Wheatley)
- The Cake is a Lie (given by the Cake Core)
- GLaD Hidings (given by GLaDOS)
- Assault Cores (given by Adventure Core)
- Gel on Your Way (given by GLaDOS)
- Restore the relaxation chamber (given Wheatley)
- Restore the choir room (given by Wheatley)
- Restore the portrait room (given by GLaDOS)
- Restore the science project stands (given by GLaDOS)
- Unlock the Jukebox (given by Wheatley)
- Restore the turret control room (given by GLaDOS)
- There are several brick-built Companion Cubes around the facility. If you break one, look very carefully at the debris and you might see parts of a skeleton inside. This is a reference to the YouTube channel: Game Theory, specifically a theory posted on the channel indicating that the Companion Cubes actually contain corpses of failed test subjects.
- There is an area in the facility where you can find a wall with an orange grapple handle. If pulled, the wall will come down, revealing a hidden room. This is one of the Rattmann's Dens, a series of secret rooms hidden throughout the Portal series discovered by former Aperture Science employee Doug Rattmann.
- It is possible to find the Rat Man (more info coming soon)
- There are a few locations throughout the adventure world that feature a weighted storage cube with a light grey hoop leaning against it (The easiest one to find is to the right after exiting the facility through an excursion tunnel on the surface!). This hoop is actually named "Hoopy the Hoop" and was first thought by the developers to become the main meme derived from Portal, until "The Cake is a Lie" became the flagship meme of the series.