|Occupation||Founder of Aperture Science Enrichment Center|
Cave Johnson is the founder of the Aperture Science Enrichment Center, which created the Portal Gun and GLaDOS. He is never physically to be seen in Portal 2, but old pictures and paintings of him can be found. Chell later finds out that he was driven insane by constant exposure to moon dust. Before he died, he left his secretary Caroline in charge of Aperture Science.
Cave appears as the Citizen in Peril of this level. He reveals he has transferred his body into a Core. He also reveals he has trapped himself in a room in Old Aperture Science. To rescue him, you must use a character with the Chi Abilty to release him.
During the section of Old Aperture, many of his pre-recorded messages can be heard.
- In Portal 2, he is voiced by J. K. Simmons who reprises his role in the game.
- He appears as a portrait in LEGO Dimensions who (by a pre-recorded message) gives out quests in the Portal 2 World.
- In-game, the 1950s portrait of Cave Johnson bears a resemblance to Dareth from the Ninjago franchise.
- In the Aperture Science level, it seems that he somehow made the nearly identical transfer as Caroline and he's now a core with an ability to move on the ground/hover in the air. However, this wasn't featured on the original games.
- As a core, his eye is based on the 1970s Aperture logo, and resembles that of Virgil from the Portal 2 mod Portal Stories: Mel.
- Many of his portraits can be found throughout the hub world.