|For other uses, see Ecto-1 (disambiguation).|
|Ecto-1||Ecto-1 Blaster||Ecto-1 Water Diver|
|Set||71228 Level Pack|
The vehicle used for the Ecto-1 was a 1959 Cadillac professional chassis, built by the Miller-Meteor company. The ambulance/hearse combination was the end loader variety. Dr. Ray Stantz found the vehicle shortly after he mortgaged his mother's house to buy the Firehouse. Because of his mechanical skills, he was able to repair the vehicle, which he acquired for $4,800.
After repairs were completed, the vehicle had quite a unique character. It became a well-recognized symbol for the Ghostbusters franchise. The vehicle had enough room in it to store Proton Packs for all of the crew, along with Ecto Goggles', P.K.E. Meters, and a slew of Traps.
The Ghostbusters were seen trying to trap ghosts whilst in the Ecto-1. Later the vehicle crashed with a police dropship before the Ghostbusters were captured by General Zod.
During the fight on the riftloop the Ghostbusters were summoned on their Ecto-1 to help them keep Lord Vortech distracted. Later when the battle continued on Foundation Prime the empty Ecto-1 is destroyed when it lands on the planet.
Model Boost Ability
Initial model gets a speed boost for a limited time
Boost Buff 1
Increased boost speed
|Movement Speed Buff 1
Increased model movement
Color Changing Bolts Ability
Gives the ability to fire tintable bolts
Fire Speed Buff 1
Increase weapon fire rate
Model upgraded to have 5 hearts
Mines are deployed
Models explodes after a count down
Bolt Color Chooser
Allows you to tint bolt colours
Enemy Hearts Ability
Enemy characters now drops hearts
|Regenerate Armor Ability
Hearts on the model regenerate
Changes the appearance of the model
Tire Color Chooser
Allows you to pick tyre colours
Exhaust Color Chooser
Allows you to pick an exhaust colour
- It's a micro build of actual model featured in 21108 Ghostbusters' Ecto-1.
- It is one of the only non-motorcycle vehicle that has two wheels physically, unlike many vehicles which normally have four wheels. The other is Jakemobile.
- Like the DeLorean Time Machine, it appears multiple times in the main story as a more detailed, larger form, but resembles the model built by the player when summoned via the toy pad and used in-game.
- The original siren can be activated by pressing the boost button on the controller twice in quick succession.
- When purchasing the Horn Sound Chooser, it is advised not to change the sound, as it overwrites the original siren even when deactivated afterwards. To fix this, simply reset the toy tag, and then rewrite it.
- This feature is currently removed after the launch of Year 2 and was replaced by putting the sound on the normal horn.
- This is more accurate to the original car because the horn's pitch gets higher the faster the player goes
- Slimer replaces the Ghostbusters logo if you change the Ecto 1's appearance to Skin 3.
- The IRL build is noticibly shorter than the in-game model. Most likely so it could fit in the gamepad's zones. It's possible to modify the build to be more like the in-game model.