Rifts are the portals between the many dimensions inside LEGO Dimensions. They appear as a ring of fire with "bricks" moving in or out of the center, with flurries of star dust and stars in the background.
- Whenever a tag is placed or removed from the Toy Pad, a rift appears to summon or take away a character, vehicle or gadget.
- Whenever the player approaches or uses a Keystone Activator
- Whenever a player approaches a Gateway on Vorton or the Shard.
- Sometimes they randomly spawn in levels like The Phantom Zone (After breaking down a door in the 1912 Titanic secret area) or Sonic Dimensions (as the player moves through the level)
- Pre-Release: Before the final release, the rifts closely resembled the "Tunnels" the characters travel through from Dimension to Dimension. It appears in the announcement trailer a few times and even appears in Unikitty's character spotlight, in the background while in Cloud Cuckcoo Land.
- Normal: Blue all around
- Mega Rift: 3 rifts combine into one in The Final Dimension to become a large rift that is a normal one, but with rainbow 'bricks' coming into the center
- Time Corridor: A normal rift with the addition of a spiraling clock face from the 12th Doctor's title sequence. Only seen in the Doctor Who World.
- Colored: Any rift that isn't the normal blue
- Phase Rifts (Blue, Orange, Purple): 3 completely different rifts that are larger and show the Dimension they open to, unlike all the others
- Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow: Appear with the Shift Keystone
- White: Appears in the Chroma pads and inside the alternate Dimensions in the Rip Keystone
- Grey, Dark Blue, Red, Green: Appear to spawn the enemies in the Hacking Minigame
- Blue with Magenta 'bricks': Appears in The Final Showdown (The LEGO Batman Movie) level when using the Phase cannon to send 10 enemies back to The Phantom Zone
- Blue with Red 'bricks': One of Lord Vortech's Traps
- Red: Another of Lord Vortech's Traps. Also appears in an Adventure World Gateways when you don't have a character from that dimension on the toy pad.
- Disco: Only seen when the Vorton Disco Red Brick is active and the player approaches a gateway on Vorton
- Gold: Appear in the Special Stage Rings in Sonic Dimensions
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.