|Franchise||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Vehicles and/or Gadgets||None|
|Occupation||One of Sonic's's metal counterparts|
Robo Sonic, or more commonly referred to as "Silver Sonic" (not to be confused with Silver the Hedgehog), is one of Eggman's robotic Sonic copies. In Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Robo Sonic or Mecha Sonic as he is known in the main games is the first line of defense aboard the Death Egg and is modeled after Sonic the Hedgehog and his abilities. The robot model is bulky but combat-capable with saw-blade quills, rocket boosters and a metallic spikeball-version of the Spin Attack.
In the Sonic Dimensions level pack, Robo Sonic is the 1st robotic Sonic counterpart summoned by Eggman during the Death Egg Zone boss segment using the Locate keystone. He is invulnerable and will charge up his metalic spindash to charge at Sonic which can if aimed correctly can be used to attack Eggman.
- Robo Sonic (canonically - another duplicate appeared even earlier in the 8-Bit version of Sonic 2) is the first in a line of Sonic-esque robots made by Dr. Eggman.
- Robo Sonic's destruction inspired Mecha Sonic's creation and the current incarnation known as Metal Sonic.
- Robo Sonic was called Mecha Sonic in the original game. It is likely called Robo Sonic here to avoid confusion with the latter, which is fought after Robo Sonic.
- Something to note is that this version is sometimes called "Silver Sonic", which was actually the name of the earlier Sonic robot mentioned above.
- He reuses Shredder's claws.